3 Strategies On How To Drive Traffic To Your Website
Updated: Jun 28
Firstly, it goes without saying that the more people that visit your site, the more people become aware of the wonderful content you offer. Not only that, but it also helps raise your profile in becoming known as an industry expert and thought leader within your field. And of course, naturally over time people will want to come to you for help.
Don't have time to read this? That's OK, you can pin it here to come back to it later.
How do you get more website traffic?
Here you’ll discover 3 proven strategies for getting more reach and website visitors;
Strategy 1) Create amazing, shareworthy content.
You need to give people a reason to visit your website by creating consistent content that will attract people, and in return they’ll likely feel compelled to share with others. Consider how you’re going to stand out from the crowd. How can you create content in a way that differentiates you from everyone else?
The best way to stand out from the crowd is to create high valuable, in-depth content. Content that answers people’s questions and speaks to their pain points. Content that addresses a subject on a much deeper level than anything else out there.
When creating content, ask yourself these questions:
○ Would I want to read this content?
○ Does this add value to my readers?
○ Is this different from all the other content that’s being produced?
○ Does this content answer the reader’s questions?
○ Does it speak to my reader’s pain points?
If you create great content, the rest of the tactics become much easier. Your content will naturally promote itself when people see how valuable it is.
Strategy 2) Share your content on social media;
Share your content multiple times across all your social media profiles. Why should you share your content multiple times? Unfortunately, not everyone will see your posts, so we need to think about repurposing our blogs as much as possible to maximise reach. See here for ideas on how to repurpose your content.
When you share your content on social media, think about what format works best for each platform. For example, Pinterest works best by visually appealing images. Whereas LinkedIn works best by posting articles. When you share a blog post to your social media, consider creating a specific image that fits best with the platform.
Consider sharing different types of formats on social media. For example, Facebook likes video content since people will give more of their attention to them, so perhaps try adding a vlog instead of a written article.
Look at apps such as; SocialBee or MissingLettr that enable you to repurpose your blogs and video content as much as possible and run it on auto-pilot across the year, meaning once you upload it once, these platforms will do it for you.
Strategy 3) Build your email list
Having an email list is a great way to drive traffic to your website. Each time you publish a new blog, send a link out to your email list.
● One of the most effective ways to build your email list is by giving away something in exchange for their email address, such as a “lead magnet,”. A lead magnet is a piece of valuable content that readers can download once they hand over their email address.
● For example, you may decide to give away:
○ Video tutorials
○ Free courses
● Another effective way to build your email list is by implementing opt-in forms in various places across your website and social media. For example, whenever someone first visits your site, you could have a box pop up inviting them to sign up for your email list. You can also look at LinkTree for Instagram, email sign up on your Facebook page or hyperlink your opt-in URL as your call-to-action in your posts.
● When inviting people to sign up for your email list, give them a compelling reason to sign up. In other words, don’t simply say, “Sign up for my list!” Instead, explain the benefits and what they’ll get in exchange for signing up for your list. Check out our eBook here on ‘20 Tips To Creating A Successful E-Newsletter’.
If you’d like to learn more ways on getting seen in your business, sign-up to our waitlist for our new upcoming membership programme going live at the end of July 2020.
I hope this has been helpful. Look out for our next blog in August where we’ll be sharing “5 Tips on Creating A Stand-out Newsletter”. You also pin our blog here, if you’d like to come back to it.
Till next month,